IGARSS 2021 Summer School
Registration is closed now. We have received 85 applications.
In the frame of IGARSS 2021 a three-day summer school will be organized from July 6-8, September 8-10, 2021. The summer school will be dedicated to drone based remote sensing and will include a very practical training where data collection campaign, technical lessons, demo by service and drone providers and hands-on exercises will be combined.
If you are a young researcher, entrepreneur or student who has interest in drone based remote sensing technology, this programme is for you.
The summer school will take place at DronePort. A unique campus and training site dedicated to drones.
Experts from VITO Remote Sensing and the CISS of the Royal Military Academy and the University of Ghent in Belgium will provide the training and will help you to get started with drone-based remote sensing. Specifically, the following insights will be provided:
- Overview of drone technology – platforms & sensors;
- Integration and calibration of sensors;
- Preparation and organisation of a measurement campaign;
- Collection using active and passive imaging;
- Collection of ground trothing data;
- Validation of image quality;
- Extraction of information from raw data and advanced image processing;
- Software needed;
- And many more...
Further information on the detailed program can be found here.