Welcome to EUFAR
EUFAR is an 'Integrating Activity' funded by the European Commission under FP5/FP6/FP7.
EUFAR works to coordinate the operation of instrumented aircraft and hyperspectral imaging sensors, exploiting the skills of experts in airborne measurements in the fields of environmental and geo-sciences, in order to provide researchers with the infrastructure best suited to their needs.
To have an overview of the FP7 achievements, visit this page.
What's new? Get the EUFAR network news!
- The EUFAR book on 'Airborne Measurements for Environmental Research, Manfred Wendisch (Editor), Jean-Louis Brenguier (Editor), ' is now available for purchase here!!!!.
- XV congress of the Spanish Remote Sensing Association is organized by INTA from 22 to 24 October, 2013 in Madrid, Spain. More details here.
One-days workshops on UAV technologies and hyperspectral data processing will be organized on October 22 but also an aircraft static exhibition on October 23rd.
- You can read the 9th EUFAR FP7 Newsletter (November 2012) here and find our previous newsletters here.
- Vacancies of possible interest to the EUFAR Community can be found here.
- EUFAR’s (FP7b) bid for funding from 2013 was unsuccessful. However, the present FP7 contract has been amended to be extended to Sept. 2013. It allows the network to continue after September 2012 at minimal level (i.e. secretariat, website, Expert Working Groups but no Transnational Access, Education and Training, Standards and Protocols or Joint Research Activities).
However we regret that EUFAR is almost certain to be operating with a much lower profile from September.
- As approved by the EUFAR General Assembly, a Scientific Coordination position is created and this responsibility held up to now by Jean-Louis Brenguier (MF-CNRM) is transferred to Phil Brown (MetOffice) for two years from 01/03/2013
- Scientific results of the first European APEX campaign 2011 were presented at BruHyp, 4 September 2012, Bruges (Belgium). Presentations are available here.
- Call for Expressions of Interest in the exploitation of the long-duration/heavy load capability of an Airbus A340 for research here.
- Measurement flights of volcanic ashes: Activity of the EUFAR aircraft
- EUFAR organised an International Conference on Airborne Research for the Environment in Toulouse from the October 25-31, 2010.
More about the conference here